Thursday, September 23, 2010

The First Post: An Introduction

It seems appropriate that "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" is blasting from my computer speakers as I compose this first blog post. After all, Dirty Dancing is one of my all-time favorite movies, and this is a forum for me to express thoughts about that which I love. So much love for seeing Baby carry a watermelon and Johnny telling Robbie to "just put your pickle on everybody's plate" courses through my veins that my sister and I spent quite a few pounds last spring just to see it performed on stage in London at the Aldwych Theatre. A good time was had by all, and I was impressed with how the producers were able to recreate the lake scene where Baby and Johnny practice lifts.

Anyhoo, this will likely be a venue for me to shoot the breeze about things that are interesting for me (even if no one else really cares how A Tale of Two Cities reminds me of Princess Diana's death, or that the reason I watch Lost is due to a deep need to be connected to our collective pop culture history). So sit back, swallow, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment